Thursday, June 23, 2005

Singtel @ 2.70

Since the news that Singtel did not manage win the Pakistan Telcom bid, the price of the share has been climbing from $2.62 to $2.70 (about 3%) in this week. Investors are rushing to buy Singtel share with the expectation that the money will be return to shareholder as a form of dividend. The price of 2.70 is one of the highest ($2.73) in past one year. I had decided to sell all my Singtel share that I had bought using CPF to lock in the profit. Manage to sell at $2.70 for the odd lot of share due to capital reduction and the rest at $2.71. Will be monitoring the share closely to check whether there is any chance to buy back when it dip. :)

Previous Post on Same Subject: Singtel and Singtel@2.62

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! U did better than me! I managed to sell at $2.67 n $2.70. With the weight of both of us off SingTel, it'll only rise further :)

I doubt that SingTel mgmt will decide to pay a bigger dividend just because they failed in the Pakistan bid. They'll only do that if they hv no better use for the monies. They may still decide to pay a better dividend, but this will be independent of acquisition outcomes.

Based on past observations, if the share price effectively breaks above 2.70, I'm very certain that Temasek will do a private placement with institutions soon.

Mkt closed at 2.69

tfwee said...

Thank for your advice. I manage to sell my main lot at $2.71. It manage to transact in the afternoon session although I queue in the early morning. Luckly, in the afternoon session there are a few huge order so else I don't think I will manage to clear at $2.71. Heee.... Hopefully Temasek do some private placement. In the past few private placement, it always give huge discount and it will cause the share price to dip. This will create opportunity for us to buy back.

Anonymous said...

If $2.70 becomes the support level, u won't thank me anymore, haha

tfwee said...

I have received the statment from POEMS and confirmed that POEMS will charge transaction fee by combining the odd lot and regular lot trading together. This means I do not have to pay additional transaction fee for my odd lot trading. They will only do it provided they are transacted in the same trading day. From what I know, POEMS is the only one that provided UNIT SHARE (ODD LOT) trading for it Internet trading.